How do I obtain a judgment in small claims?

If the case is decided in your favor, you will get a judgment against the defendant. If the defendant fails to appear or answer, you will get a default judgment. Either way, you get a judgment. Your judgment will include court costs and fees allowed by law; filing fee, service fee, subpoena fees or witnesses, statutory attorney fees based on the amount of damages awarded, interest at 5% from the due date to date of judgment to be computed by the requesting party) and 12% thereafter until the amount is paid.

Show All Answers

1. How do I file a small claims action?
2. Where do I get forms to file a Small Claims Action?
3. What information must I have to file a Small Claims Action? What happens on the day I come in to start my case?
4. How do I obtain service on a small claims Summons and Complaint?
5. How far in advance of my court date must the defendant be served?
6. What happens if the defendant cannot be personally served?
7. What judge will hear my case?
8. Must the defendant appear for the court date?
9. What happens if the plaintiff doesn't appear on the court date?
10. What will happen at court?
11. How do I get a trial before the Circuit Court Judge?
12. What must be included in the "Demand for Trial" form?
13. I have a tenant I want to evict. How do I do this?
14. What is a judgment?
15. How do I obtain a judgment in small claims?
16. How do I enforce a judgment?