I would like to file or drop charges against someone, how do I do that?

If you wish to make a complaint against someone, go to the police agency where the violation occurred and make a complaint to a police officer. You cannot make your complaint directly to our office. The police officer will investigate the matter and refer any appropriate charges to our office for prosecution. An attorney from the District Attorney's office will decide whether or not to file charges.

Once charges have been filed from the District Attorney's office only the attorney can decide to drop the charges.

Show All Answers

1. When can I communicate with the prosecuting attorney assigned to my case?
2. How do I get copies of police reports?
3. Does your office handle child support issues?
4. Does your office handle civil matters for private citizens?
5. How do I file a small claims action?
6. I have been charged with a crime. I would like an attorney to represent me, but I can not afford one. What can I do?
7. I would like to file or drop charges against someone, how do I do that?
8. The judge has ordered someone to have no contact with me. How do I get the Judge to lift that no contact order?
9. How do I change my court date?
10. What are the conditions of a bond?
11. How long do the bond conditions last?
12. Why did I receive a subpoena?
13. How long does it take for a case to be resolved in the criminal justice system?
14. How can I get my property released?
15. I have a complaint about a company. Who should I contact?