There are several options to choose from:
- Visit our website and utilize the Interactive Mapping System.
- A code enforcement officer may be able to assist you over the phone if enough property information is provided. At a minimum, the tax key number is required.
- Come into the office and look on the aerial maps. They have the zoning and shoreland marked on them.
- Make an appointment with a code enforcement officer.
- If you need the zoning in writing, there is a form to be completed and a $50 fee charged.
To learn how to find your zoning, click here
If your property is within the County's zoning jurisdiction, it has been designated by a particular zoning district. Each district outlines the zoning requirements (example: Permitted uses, conditional uses, setback requirements, lot area and width requirements, etc.) that are applicable to each zoning district. There are 31 different zoning districts in Walworth County ranging from:
You will need to have the tax key number of the property to determine the location of the property thereby determining the zoning district designation.
To learn what the different zoning districts mean, click here
Maps are available in our office to assist in determining the zoning classification on your property. Call our office 262-741-4972 for assistance.