Road work and closures along WIS 89 in Walworth County, from US Highway 12 in Whitewater to County Road A in Richmond, began May 1.
Rock Road Companies, Inc., is the prime contractor for the project and will implement the following:
- Resurfacing approximately 7 miles of roadway
- Culvert replacement and cleanouts
- Beam guard replacements
- New Pavement markings and signs
What to Expect
- Beginning May 1, WIS 89 will be closed to through-traffic (traffic without a destination within the work zone) during construction.
- Access to local residences and businesses will be maintained.
- Signed detour route utilizes US 12, WIS 67, and I-43.
Construction is scheduled for completion in late summer 2023. The project schedule is dependent on favorable weather conditions and construction progress.