Eligibility is based on one of the following:
- A developmental delay of at least 25% in one or more areas of development
- A physician-diagnosed condition with a high probability of developmental delay
- Atypical characteristics that affect the child’s overall development
The child’s growth and learning is always changing and evolving, so the evaluation will only measure your child’s abilities at a point in time to determine eligibility. Every child is evaluated in all areas of development; gross motor, fine motor, speech & language, cognition, social emotional, adaptive and feeding.
Could your child benefit from Birth to 3 services?
- If your child has been diagnosed with a medical condition they could be eligible. Medical conditions could include: chronic ear infections, prematurity, genetic disorders, failure to thrive, feeding difficulties, hearing loss, or vision loss.
- You feel your child is not meeting developmental milestones like their peers (walking, talking, and playing with toys).
- Other people have expressed concerns to you about your child’s development.
- Your child is easily frustrated, has sleep issues, avoids other people/children or has difficulty with changes in routine or environment.