Business Recognition Program
The Walworth County Dept. of Health & Human Services is working to help our county businesses recover from and mitigate the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. To support these important health and safety initiatives, all businesses in Walworth County are encouraged to participate in the “Stay Well in Walworth” Business Recognition Program. This program recognizes local businesses that have effectively applied Walworth County’s COVID-19 Phased Guidance to help keep their customers, employees and communities healthy and safe.
COVID-19 has made it clear how intertwined our health is with that of our fellow community members. When we act for the safety and well-being of our neighbors, it benefits our entire community. Together, and in partnership across public and private sectors, we can work towards overcoming this unprecedented public health situation.
Nomination Criteria: Walworth County COVID-19 Phased Guidance for Businesses
- Encourage physical distancing. Keep customers 6 feet from each other.
- Implement clear face covering policies that align with Walworth County’s Phased Guidance.
- Adhere to business capacity recommendations.
- Adopt protocols to routinely clean and disinfect.
- Discontinue use of water fountains/ bubblers. Utilize contactless bottle fill stations or single use cups.
- Consider creating designated work/business hours only for vulnerable populations and those at higher risk.
- Clearly communicate through social media, newsletters, and signage the safety steps each business is taking.
- Post signage at business to encourage:
- Washing of hands; gloves do NOT replace proper hand hygiene and can transmit disease from one surface to another, including to yourself and others.
- The practice of physical distancing of 6 feet or more.
- That individuals should NOT go to the business if they feel sick or have come into contact with someone who feels or has felt sick.
The “Stay Well in Walworth” Business Promise
As local business owners, we pledge to implement Walworth County’s COVID-19 Phased Guidance that helps us provide a safe environment for customers, employees and the public. We support those efforts, understanding that every setting is unique and will call for different strategies to protect customers, clients and staff. We will follow these guidelines and implement strategies to best protect our community. We also understand that COVID-19 is an evolving situation. Accordingly, while the current public health emergency continues, we pledge that we have reviewed and understand, and will adhere to:
- The Walworth County COVID-19 Phased Guidance, and any subsequent guidance or orders from the Walworth County Department of Health & Human Services.
To apply or nominate a business today, complete the application here