In order to participate in Special Olympics Wisconsin's program for Lakeland School, all athletes must submit the required paperwork. These forms are similar to those required for any other sports program. They provide for:
- Necessary medical information, including a health history, health insurance information, and emergency contacts, including physician, parent, or guardian.
- Secondary insurance coverage by Special Olympics, Inc. as a secondary policy.
- Emergency medical treatment in the event that a parent or guardian cannot be reached.
- A photo release allowing Special Olympics Wisconsin to use any photos or video of its athletes for marketing purposes.
- Release for athletes wishing to participate in Healthy Athletes.
- Information on how athlete personal information is stored and processed.
All Special Olympics Wisconsin athletes must renew their medical form every three years. If an athlete's medical expires prior to the last day of state competition for their current sport, a new medical must be correctly completed and submitted to the State Office by the medical deadline date for that sport in order to be eligible for state competition.
Medical Deadline Dates for Sports Offered at Lakeland
- Cornhole - September 15
- Volleyball - October 1
- Skiing and Snowshoeing - December 1
- Basketball and Gymnastics - February 1
- Athletics (Track and Field) and Swimming - April 1
You can search when an athlete's medical expires and enter the exact last name and 8-digit (MM/DD/YYYY) date of birth.