Land Use & Resource Management

Landscaper Workshop, Virtual and FREE! - March 24, 2021

2021 Workshop Information Page and Registration Flyer

Office Operations - Updated January 4, 2021:

LURM will not be taking in-person submittals and meetings until further notice.  Updates to our operations will be posted in this space.

Permits may be submitted at the drop box located near our front counter in Room 222. If you are unsure of the fee amount for your permit, please contact LURM staff.  Having incorrect fees will delay your permit issuance. Permits will be mailed when they have been issued; there will be no permit pick up during this time.

The LURM team will work diligently to still meet your needs during this time, but it is important to know that we will not be operating normally. Please plan accordingly.

View of Farm

The Land Use and Resource Management (LURM) Department is responsible for the implementation of the County's Planning, Zoning, Sanitation, and Conservation programs and regulations. 

LURM is located at the Government Center ("Old Court House", on the square in downtown Elkhorn). Our offices are located on the second floor, accessible via the center stairwell or main elevator.

Please contact LURM with any questions you may have. An appointment should be made before coming to the office if you may need assistance from our staff. Making an appointment allows each customer with the best opportunity to receive the service that is deserved. Our goal is to ensure your compliance with regulations and sound land ethics. We are here as a resource for you, to provide information, technical and when possible, financial assistance.


View Archived Permits

You can find information on approved permits using our online GIS program.  Launch the County's interactive GIS mapping system, OneView Mapping Application, to explore information available from a map.  This program allows you to view a variety of information about a property using a mapping system.

Alternatively, it is also possible to find permits related to a tax parcel using the permit database.  This system takes you directly to our "LURM Search" permit database, but you must know your tax key number to use this database.

Instructions for finding your zoning and permits for a property

Three Year Septic System Maintenance Reporting and History

Access the Septic System Maintenance Reporting and History online database.