Mission Statement (PDF)
Public Works strives to enhance the quality of life, health and safety of all citizens by being accountable and responsible for maintaining Walworth County's infrastructure:
Facilities & Parks
- Maintenance and repair of Walworth County-owned buildings and facilities, including any remodel or new building construction, HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing systems using outside vendors when appropriate
- Maintenance of grounds surrounding over 1 million square feet of building space and 148 acres of green space
- Implementation of cost-saving measures that deliver quality service to visitors and staff at reduced costs
- Maintenance of various Park and Trail permits and shelter reservations
Roadways & Bridges
- Maintenance of Walworth County and State highways, which includes mowing, tree-trimming to maintain safe operations and sightlines, and removing of dead or hazard-causing trees
- Road striping, marking, paving, pothole repair and shoulder improvements as necessary
- Snow plowing, utilizing salt and brine de-icing agents
- Process access, utility and oversize/overweight load permits
- Maintain the Adopt-a-Highway program
County Fleet Vehicles
- Maintenance and repair of all Walworth County-owned vehicles, including related parts and supplies
- Receiving and issuing of all new vehicles and equipment to Highway division, assisting in the development of equipment specifications and evaluation of bids with the purchasing department, including disposition of any surplus vehicles and equipment.
- Management of improvement programs on Walworth County highways; including engineering support of bridge inspection, traffic control and survey.
We welcome your feedback and questions anytime - please contact us and we will do our best to get you the answer.