When you choose to volunteer at Lakeland Health Care Center, you’ll be helping us do what we do best: provide exceptional, resident-centered care. You'll notice our comfortable, supportive atmosphere and see our interdisciplinary team approach to care. You'll see organized activities and spontaneous events. Lakeland Health Care Center strives to provide a home-like environment that also includes a flexible meal program. There are songbirds in the aviary, beautiful gardens with walking paths throughout the facility.
The residents benefit from the compassion and caring provided by regular volunteers as well as those volunteers whose schedule is less structured. We value volunteers who choose to serve our residents. Their warmth and compassion enhance the lives of those who stay at Lakeland Health Care Center. We highly appreciate our volunteers and respect their time commitment to us. Busy schedules are a way of life and we are dedicated to working within your available time frame.
The Volunteer Organizer will work to match volunteer interests and talents.
A formal orientation program is provided for all who wish to volunteer. To get started as a volunteer you will need to complete an application, pass a background check and sign a confidentiality statement (for some jobs). A background check will be conducted prior to the first volunteer assignment.
Volunteers must be 14 years old, those 13 and younger are welcome to volunteer with a parent or guardian. Also volunteer groups are welcome as well, to sponsor activities.
- Assist or write a personal letter for a resident
- Assist residents and guests with purchases in our gift shop
- Assist with arts and crafts or coordinate a special craft
- Assist with BINGO
- Assist with holiday parties and special events
- Assist with or lead worship services
- Be a friendly visitor
- Bring your well-behaved pet to visit residents. Pet vaccination records need to be provided.
- Escort residents to/from in-house appointments
- Go on outings and shopping trips with residents
- Help decorate for holidays
- Help with baking projects
- Lead activities
- Play cards and boards games
- Provide music or entertainment
- Read newspapers, magazines and books out loud
- Share a talent with residents
- Share your “green thumb” in assisting the Master Gardeners in beautifying our grounds
- Suggest something new to the Therapeutic Recreation Coordinator
- Take walks with residents
- Be a therapy or activity assistant