Reporting To Jail

Whether it is your first time or you have been to jail before, you will be fingerprinted, photographed, and asked personal information questions that will need to be answered. We realize that you may be in jail for many different reasons. You have been charged with or sentenced here for a violation of the law. It is the legal responsibility of the Sheriff to house you when you have been arrested and confined awaiting bail or bond posting, arraignment, legal proceedings, or have been sentenced by the courts. We will provide for your basic human needs, such as food, clothing, and shelter. The jail staff is here to ensure your health, safety, and well being. The staff will treat you with respect and the same is expected of you. Rules are in place to keep you and others safe.

Bring as little property as possible with you when reporting to jail. All clothing and hygiene products will be provided or made available for purchase through the jail commissary. No external items will be allowed within the secured facility. All monies will be deposited in an inmate trust account and used for the purchase of commissary, medical services, and other expenses. All sentenced inmates will be charged a booking fee for all current or previous bookings associated with that sentenced charge.

Meals are provided three times daily under the supervision of our Food/Laundry vendor Aramark Food Services.  Additional items are also available for purchase at designated times.

Healthcare Services are available 24/7 under the supervision of our medical vendor Southern Health Partners.

If you are currently taking any prescription medications, please bring them with you. All medications will need to be current and verified through the prescribing physician prior to receiving them. Additional or replacement medications may be prescribed by the jail doctor. There are three medication passes per day while in Huber and two per day for those housed in the main jail.

If you are required to serve a term of confinement in the Walworth County Huber Dorm/Work Release Center commencing on your scheduled report date at 8:00 AM or before. YOU MUST REPORT ON TIME AND HAVE A .00% BLOOD ALCOHOL AND CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE LEVEL. Failure to do so will result in at least five days loss of Huber privileges.

Please allow a minimum of 2-3 hours for processing time once you arrive at the facility. You will be orientated as to the rules and regulations of the Walworth County Huber Dorm/Work Release Center. You may be allowed to go to work upon completion of your orientation. While on active Huber Law, you must turn over all earnings to the Sheriff of Walworth County pursuant to Wisconsin State Statute 303.08(3). If you are self-employed, you must bring in a minimum of $320.00 cash per week as wages. If you are self-employed you must bring bring verification of that status. Tax returns from previous years, tax ID numbers, current contracts, and business cards should be brought with you on your report-in day. From those wages, board and financial obligations will be deducted and the balance of those wages deposited in a personal account. An amount necessary for personal expenses will be returned to you on a scheduled basis. Your board amount has been set by Walworth County under Ordinance 30-286.

Upon arrival at the Huber dorm you are expected to bring $176 cash to be deposited in your account. The only personal items that you are allowed to bring with you are the clothes necessary for work. If you have any questions regarding your confinement please contact Huber Control at 262-741-4580.

You are further advised that if you fail to report to jail after the scheduled report date you may be charged with the crime of "Failure to Report to Jail" contrary to s.946.425 Wis. Stats. This is a misdemeanor if your sentence is less than 10 days; however, if your sentence is ten days or longer, it is a felony.