The duties of the Property Listing division are spelled out in Wisconsin Statutes 70.09. The primary responsibility is to "prepare and maintain accurate ownership and description information for all parcels of real property in the county." Specific duties include:
- Updating ownership information based on recorded land transfers
- Maintaining assessed value changes of real property and improvements, as well as special assessments and manufacturing assessed values
- Updating system to reflect lot line adjustment, split, and/or combining of existing parcels
- Assigning tax parcel numbers to newly created parcels
- Processing tax bills
- Entering address changes for mailing tax bills as submitted by property owners or municipalities
Real Estate Sales Search
- Go to the Real Estate Sales Search website.
- Use the drop-down arrow to select a municipality.
- Either enter a starting date with slashes between the day, month, and year (i.e, January 1, 2000) or select the calendar to select a beginning date. The results displayed cover a one-month period beginning with the date entered.
- For more information on a particular document, please use our Internet real estate index, LandShark.
Plat of Survey Search