The Walworth County Treasurer’s Office receives all monies from all sources belonging to the County and all other monies by statutes or County ordinances. True and correct account of the receipts and expenditures of all monies received by this office are maintained and deposited on a daily basis.
Additionally, the County Treasurer has the statutory duty to collect all postponed and delinquent real estate taxes as well as maintain accurate records of these collections and to reconcile with the local municipalities in Walworth County.
In Rem Tax Foreclosure Procedure
In Walworth County, tax-delinquent properties are foreclosed via the In Rem Tax Foreclosure Procedure which is overseen by the County Treasurer.
A drop box is located at the center median of the parking lot on the north side of the building.
- When are property tax bills mailed out?
- What should I do if my property tax bill is not received?
- Where do I pay my property taxes?
- What information should be included when paying my property taxes?
- What determines a timely payment?
- What happens if my property tax bill is delinquent?
- How can I get a copy of my property tax bill?
- Who qualifies for the Lottery and Gaming Credit?
- What is the First Dollar Credit?
- What if I have a question about my assessment?
- Where do I pay my personal property taxes?