VA Pension

United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)

VA provides a monthly pension, sometimes called "Aid and Attendance Pension" to wartime veterans and their surviving spouses who are paying for long-term care services in the community, or at Veterans Homes. The pension program is a means-tested benefit. Eligibility is based on a number of factors to include level of disability, income, assets and cost of care.

Veterans Homes

• VA provides free skilled nursing care, for veterans rated 70% or more service-connected-
  disabled, at Veterans Homes or other contracted skilled nursing facilities.

  • The Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA) operates three long-term care facilities:
    • Chippewa Falls in Chippewa County
    • King in Waupaca County
    • Union Grove in Racine County
  • Veterans/spouses are charged a daily rate for their care.
  • Medicaid and VA pension benefits may be available to offset the cost of care.

Call 262-741-4222 now for VA Pension questions or application assistance.