Elder Financial Abuse

Elder abuse occurs against a person age 60 or older who experienced, is currently experiencing, or is at risk of experiencing abuse, neglect, self-neglect, or financial exploitation.  

These complaints may be reported by a concerned citizen, family member, or businesses such as financial institutions or care providers.  These complaints can be made to your local law enforcement agency or to Walworth County Adult Protective Services (262-741-3200) https://www.co.walworth.wi.us/377/Adult-Protective-Services

Elder abuse can be committed by either strangers, family members, friends, or caregivers.  If you suspect elder abuse is occurring please report it to law enforcement or Adult Protective Services.  Victimization of the elder can continue, and often escalates, if there is no intervention.