Sheriff's Office (SH)

SH Home Page     Contact Us

(262) 741-4400   Emergency 911  

Frequently Asked Questions


Detective Bureau

CCAP - Consolidated Court Automation Programs

Click on the following link to access CCAP which is another resource for Walworth County court records.


What do I do if I receive a worthless check?

Click on the following links for information and forms that need to be completed and returned to the Sheriff's Office.

Worthless Checks Cover Letter

Procedures on Insufficient or Closed Account Checks

Bad Check Information Sheet

Crime Victim Information Brochure

Crime Victim Restitution Request

What should I do if I am the victim of identity theft?

Fill out the required forms below in the Identity Theft Information Packet prior to contacting the Sheriff's Office Detective Bureau to make your initial complaint.  Also have any supporting documents available, such as bank statements, credit card bills, phone bills, etc.

Identity Theft Information Packet

Crime Victim Information Brochure

Crime Victim Restitution Request

How do I report an anonymous tip? To submit a tip via e-mail to Walworth County Crime Stoppers, click here or to submit a tip via text, click here and follow the directions under For Citizens "Text-a-Tip", or via a phone call to 262-723-2677.










Walworth County's Most Wanted


A Memorial

Tour the Sheriff's Office


Annual Report

Related Links

Civil Process

Press Releases - Notifications

WI-VINE Service

The WI Statewide VINE system is a service through which victims of crime can use the telephone or Internet to search for information regarding the custody status of their offender.  The VINE toll-free number is 888-868-4631.

FBI-Run, Hide, Fight Video

FBI-Avoid, Deny, Defend Video

Crime Stoppers anonymous tips

Identity Theft Victim Packet

Human Trafficking Resource

Meth Public Safety and Info


Acceptable Use Policy     Privacy Policy

100 W Walworth, Elkhorn, WI 53121
© 2010 Walworth County Government.