Dept of Health & Human Services (DHHS)

DHHS Home Page     Contact Us      Discrimination Statement

Licensing and Inspections

The Food Safety and Recreational Licensing section is responsible for managing programs that enforce applicable state administrative codes for the inspection and licensure of restaurants, hotels, bed and breakfast establishments, public swimming pools including water park attractions, campgrounds, and tattoo and body piercing establishments in Wisconsin.

All licensing and inspection services for the types of facilities listed below are performed by the State of Wisconsin in Walworth County.

Facility Type

Licensing Agent

Contact Information


Wisconsin Department of Health Services

Phone: (608) 266-2835





Lodging: bed and breakfast, hotel, motel, tourist rooming house

Recreational/education camp

Restaurant, school food service, caterer, temporary food stand, mobile food stand, vending machines

Tattoo/body piercing establishment

Retail food establishments, grocery stores, convenience stores, bakeries, commercial kitchens, etc.

Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade, and Consumer Protection

Phone: (608) 224-4700



Manufactured Home Community (mobile home parks)

Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services

Phone: (608) 266-2112






Codes and Regulations for Department of Health Services Licensed Facilities (DHS)

Wisconsin Food Code Appendix

Food Manager Certifications

Retail Food Code

File a Complaint About a Licensed Establishment:

Contact Public Health at (262) 741-3140 or e-mail

If you would like your complaint to remain anonymous, you must indicate that in your email. Please include the following information in your email:
(Items marked with * (asterisk) are required.)

  • Whether or not this is an anonymous complaint*
  • Establishment name*
  • Street Address of Establishment (if known)
  • City/Town/Village*
  • Date of Incident (mm/dd/yyyy)*
  • Approximate Time Incident Occurred
  • Description of What Happened*
  • Any Additional Comments

Bed Bugs

Wisconsin Department of Health Services Bed Bugs Fact Sheet

CDC: Bed Bugs

To report bed bugs in a hotel or lodging establishment please use the complaint procedure listed above

Smoking in Public Establishments

To report a complaint about a public establishment allowing smoking please fill out and submit the form available from Wisconsin Smoke Free.



Acceptable Use Policy     Privacy Policy

100 W Walworth, Elkhorn, WI 53121
© 2010 Walworth County Government.