Dept of Health & Human Services (DHHS)

DHHS Home Page     Contact Us      Discrimination Statement

Work Supports

DHHS provides for several programs that help a person to find and keep a job. For more information about the programs listed below, call the Walworth County Job Service Center at 262-741-5180.

Education and Training
W-2 participants may receive education and training for up to 12 hours per week. Such education and training may be for a high school degree or a General Educational Development (GED) degree. Educational activities may also include job skills training, motivation training, life skills training, literacy education, English as a Second Language (ESL) training, and more.

Child Day Care
Child Day Care is available for eligible families that are working or are in work-related programs or in a school or training program. In most cases a family is responsible to pay a share of the cost of child day care. This share is based on a sliding fee. The sliding fee is based on the size of the family and the family's income. There is no limit to the length of time that a family can receive child day care services.

Job Access Loans
Job Access Loans can help meet basic costs related to getting or keeping a job, such as to acquire tools, buy suitable clothing, or pay for car repairs. Job Access Loans must be repaid in cash or by a combination of cash and community service.

Caring for Newborns
A parent with a newborn child may receive a monthly cash payment and not be required to participate in other work until the child is 12 weeks old.

Teenage Parents
Parents who are less than 18 years of age can get information on child day care, on high school and school-to-work programs, on employment and financial assistance programs, on the Food Stamps and Medical Assistance programs, and on other community agencies that may be of assistance.

Non-custodial Parent
A non-custodial parent is a parent who does not have custody of the child.  A non-custodial parent may receive services such as basic skills training and job search and job orientation services.


Crisis Services

Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC)

Mental Health Services

Alcohol/Drug Issues

Mental Health Recovery Services

Child/Family Services

Child Support

Public Health

Economic Support

Developmental Disabilities

Trauma Informed Care

Volunteer Services

Adobe Acrobat Reader

Document names followed by this symbol are viewed using Acrobat Reader. For a free download of Acrobat Reader click the icon above.


Acceptable Use Policy     Privacy Policy

100 W Walworth, Elkhorn, WI 53121
© 2010 Walworth County Government.