Dept of Health & Human Services (DHHS)

DHHS Home Page     Contact Us      Discrimination Statement

Complaints and Appeals
Persons can file a complaint if they are dissatisfied with DHHS services or with the professional conduct of staff. They can also file a complaint if they feel they have been discriminated against.  They can also appeal a decision to end their services. 

For a complaint regarding services or professional conduct
If you have been denied service, or if you believe that you are not receiving an appropriate type or quality of service, or if you believe that the conduct of a person or agency providing service to you on behalf of DHHS was  unprofessional, you can request and fill out a DHHS "Complaint Report."

You can print a Complaint Report from this web page if you have Acrobat Reader or you may contact DHHS and request a complaint form. To print a Complaint Report  click here. (To download Acrobat Reader from the internet see below)

For a complaint regarding discrimination
If you believe that you have been discriminated against for any reason, you have the right to file a complaint with Wisconsin's Department of Health and Family Services. There is no special form to fill out to initiate such a complaint. Send your complaint to:
          Office of the Secretary
          Department of Health and Family Services
          One West Wilson
          PO Box 7850
          Madison, WI  53707-7850

Appealing a decision to end services
If you decide to appeal our decision to end services and you want services to continue while we review your appeal, you must send us a Case Closure Appeal within 10 days of the effective date of the Notice of Decision to End Services.  Otherwise, you have 45 days from the effective date to appeal our decision.  We will provide you with a Case Closure Appeal form when we send you a Notice of Decision to End Services.

For more information about procedures for filing a complaint or appeal, call 262-741-3200 or call toll free 800-365-1587.


Crisis Services

Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC)

Mental Health Services

Alcohol/Drug Issues

Mental Health Recovery Services

Child/Family Services

Child Support

Public Health

Economic Support

Developmental Disabilities

Trauma Informed Care

Volunteer Services

Adobe Acrobat Reader

Document names followed by this symbol are viewed using Acrobat Reader. For a free download of Acrobat Reader click the icon above.


Acceptable Use Policy     Privacy Policy

100 W Walworth, Elkhorn, WI 53121
© 2010 Walworth County Government.