Dept of Health & Human Services (DHHS)

DHHS Home Page     Contact Us      Discrimination Statement

Alcohol and/or Drug Abuse Counseling

Persons seeking counseling services should contact Intervention to be screened for the appropriateness of receiving counseling services from DHHS.  Intervention staff will authorize an Intake appointment.

Upon completion of the Intake process, the person's case is reviewed by staff and assigned a therapist from the Counseling Unit. The therapist formalizes the treatment plan with the person.

Living in Balance offers twice-a-week group meetings and individual therapy. Sessions are dedicated to serve those with substance use disorder and/or a co-occurring mental health disorder.

CORE is an objective-based group which utilizes cognitive behavioral therapy and relapse prevention to assist participants in obtaining a substance-free lifestyle.

Recovery Management is a group utilizing cognitive behavioral therapy and relapse prevention models to assist consumers with maintaining a substance-free lifestyle.

Screening, Brief Intervention, Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) is a brief intervention that targets consumers who have repeatedly experienced negative consequences related to alcohol or drug use.

Two is Enough is a brief model consisting of two individual sessions and three group sessions for consumers who have obtained a first or second OWI.

Walworth County OWI Court is a jail deferment program for consumers who have been convicted of OWI, third or fourth offense.

Walworth County Drug Court is a jail deferment program for consumers convicted of felony drug charges.

To contact Intervention, call 262-741-3200 or call toll free 800-365-1587 and ask for Intervention.


Crisis Services

Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC)

Mental Health Services

Alcohol/Drug Issues

Mental Health Recovery Services

Child/Family Services

Child Support

Public Health

Economic Support

Developmental Disabilities

Trauma Informed Care

Volunteer Services

Adobe Acrobat Reader

Document names followed by this symbol are viewed using Acrobat Reader. For a free download of Acrobat Reader click the icon above.


Acceptable Use Policy     Privacy Policy

100 W Walworth, Elkhorn, WI 53121
© 2010 Walworth County Government.